By Anthony Capkun
June 30, 2020 – With the slogan “You are the missing piece”, five global players in the construction industry invite entrepreneurs worldwide with innovative construction solutions to participate in this year’s edition of the Construction Startup Competition.
Hilti, CEMEX Ventures, Ferrovial, VINCI Group’s Leonard, and NOVA by Saint-Gobain come together for the 2020 Construction Startup Competition to support start-ups that aim to change “one of the least digitized and most fragmented industries”.
Winners will be evaluated on five areas of opportunity within the industry:
• smart and sustainable cities and buildings
• digital solutions for project and jobsite management
• optimization of supply chain management
• construction with innovative materials or methods
• optimization of productivity, efficiency, and quality in daily project management
Those interested in participating can apply through CEMEX Ventures’ webpage by July 26, 2020. Once the five host companies have evaluated all proposals, they will engage the most promising start-ups with a further set of opportunities, from workshops to pilots or investments.