2011 IEEE Online Conference on Green Communications set for Sept. 26 â€“ 29
By Alyssa Dalton
The IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc), a worldwide professional organization dedicated to the advancement of communications technologies, plans to emphasize the ongoing need to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions by hosting the first annual IEEE Online Conference on Green Communications (GreenCom) completely online from September 26 – 29, 2011.
Dedicated to the latest advances in energy-efficient communications and
green technologies, IEEE GreenCom will enable attendees from around the
world to engage in discussions on the newest networking, energy
management and smart grid communications solutions without travel and
from the comfort of their own home and/or work environments.
For more information on IEEE GreenCom 2011, including a call for papers, CLICK HERE.
a deadline of March 20, the conference’s peer-review board is currently
accepting paper submissions on a wide range of topics covering
energy-efficient fixed and wireless communications and networking,
communications technologies for green solutions, and smart grid
communications. Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited
• Energy-efficient protocols, extensions, transmission and networking technologies
• Energy-efficient communications management
• Energy-efficiency in mobile, home, sensor, and vehicular networks, and in data centers
• Green communication architectures and frameworks
• Solutions for energy-efficient transport, logistics, industries, and buildings
• Communication networks for Smart Grids and smart metering