A call for papers – IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop 2012
By Alyssa Dalton
The IEEE Industry Applications Society Electrical Safety Workshop is accepting technical paper proposals for presentation at the 19th Annual IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop to be held Jan. 30-Feb. 3, 2012 in Daytona Beach, Fla.
Proposal packages are due May 1, 2011
The Workshop focus to Change the Electrical Safety Culture target two areas:
• Advancing the application of state-of-the-art knowledge and practices, and
• Stimulating innovation in creating the next generation of safe work practices, technology and managing systems.
Non-commerical technical papers are requested that advance the Mission of the Electrical Safety Workshop:
• To accelerate the application of breakthrough improvements in human factors, technology, and managing systems that reduce risk of electrical injuries,
• To stimulate innovation in overcoming barriers, and
• To change and advance the electrical safety culture to enable sustainable improvements in prevention of electrical accidents and injuries.
Incident case histories are generally limited to 15 minutes. Other presentations are generally 30–45 minutes.
Accepted papers will be published in the Conference Record and in IEEE Xplore, an online technical library. Papers with exceptional impact will be considered for further publication in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications and IEEE Industry Applications Magazine.
CLICK HERE FOR PROPOSAL PACKAGE DETAILS.