Electrical Business

News Safety Safety News
Edmonton worker that suffered electric shock on the job has died


February 25, 2020
By Kavita Sabharwal-Chomiuk


Topics

On Feb. 13, Colton Quast, a 25-year-old worker employed by A Circuit Electric Ltd., suffered electric shock-related injuries at the worksite of the future Amazon warehouse south of Edmonton.

Emergency crews were called to Nisku Spine Road and 41 Avenue south at around 12:30 pm that day. Quast was taken to hospital in critical, life-threatening condition and was put into a medically-induced coma. He passed away on Wednesday, according to a Facebook post by his mother, Marlyn Quast-Frank, reports CTV News.

Occupational Health and Safety is investigating the incident, and “has issued a stop use order to prime contractor Dawson Wallace Construction Ltd. for the electrical cabinet involved in the incident,” a government spokesperson confirmed to CTV News. “The order stays in place until the cabinet is examined by an engineer and deemed to be in safe operating condition.”

According to CTV, no other orders have been issued at this time. The warehouse is not currently operational or under Amazon’s control yet.

Advertisment


learning curve Sponsored Content
Post your tech sheets, white papers, new technology etc. Contact Anthony Capkun


Related

Tags




1 Comment » for Edmonton worker that suffered electric shock on the job has died
  1. David Mansfield says:

    This is why it is essential to properly train Electrical workers to the Z462-18 – Electrical Worker Safety. (OH&S)
    It is the responsibility of the contractors to properly train their workers – it is also the responsibility of the worker to work safely and be informed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*