Test & Measurement
Fluke introduces 370 FC Series clamp meters
By Renée Francoeur
November 2, 2015 – Troubleshooting intermittent faults is one of the most frustrating tasks for electricians and maintenance technicians, Fluke says, as they rarely occur at convenient times. The new Fluke Connect-enabled 370 FC Series clamp meters can save the day as they log measurements to pinpoint intermittent faults without the need for the technician to be present, according to the company.
Those measurements are then wirelessly transmitted to the Fluke app on smartphones or tablets and automatically uploaded to the cloud, keeping technicians outside the arc flash zone and away from moving machinery.
Fluke says the CAT IV 600 V, CAT III 1000 V safety-rated clamp meters offer:
• Proprietary in-rush measurement technology to filter out noise and capture motor starting current exactly as the circuit protection sees it;
• Integrated variable frequency drive low pass filter (376 FC and 375 FC models only) for accurate motor drive measurements;
• True-rms voltage and current for measurements on non-linear signals;
• 500 mV dc measurement range to interface with other accessories (376 FC and 375 FC models only);
• Expanded measurement range to 2500 A ac with the iFlex flexible current probes, which provide access to large conductors in tight spaces.