By Peter Saunders
March 20, 2019 – The new product competition finalists have been announced for the 2019 Mécanex, Climatex, Expolectriq, Éclairage (MCEE) show, which will be held next month at Montreal’s Place Bonaventure.
The finalists include heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR), electrical, lighting, hydronic and plumbing products, with a focus on efficiency and conservation. Here are the contenders in electrical and related categories:
Residential, commercial and institutional electrical products
– Izobox: Cover for outside receptacle.
– Legrand: Outdoor ground box (pictured).
– Thermolec: DCC-9-Box energy management system.
Industrial electrical products
– I-Gard: DSP-ADM arc flash detection module.
– Richards Manufacturing (with 3M Canada): Cold shrink hammerhead electrical connector.
– Swep International AB: T-REG thermoregulator.
Protective tools, hardware and equipment
– FLIR Systems: CM275 thermal imaging clamp meter.
– Fluke: T6-1000 electrical tester.
– Ideal Industries: Securitest IP Installation and troubleshooting tester for camera system.
Software, controls and related components
– EV sens (with Contact Délage): EVA electrical measurement system.
– HBX Controls Systems: SensorLinx BTU metering system.
– Lutron: RadioRA2 select automation system.
Interior lighting products
– ABB Produits d’installation: Emergi-Lite, Série EHZ emergency lighting.
– Beghelli Canada: LEDLumina BS400 parking garage.
– Cree Canada: Flex Series troffer.
– Liteline: Luna Designer Series interior lighting.
Exterior lighting products
– Acuity Brands Lighting Canada: TWR1 LED adjustable lumen output (ALO) exterior lighting.
– Shenzhen Ledsion Lighting: Intelligent solar street lamp.
– Voltech International: TLT8S Series LED tube.
The competition’s winners—including one Grand Jury Prize winner—will be announced at 10 a.m. on Apr. 24, just prior to the opening of MCEE’s first of two days.