AFL to host traveling advanced splicing seminars starting May 2011
March 31, 2011
AFL has launched advanced splicing seminars intended for industry engineers and professionals, as well as university students, engaged in fiber optic activities involving splicing and for those interested in learning more about fusion splicing technology and methods, it said. The seminars, which will take place in Canada and the U.S., will include:
• Explanation of splicing system observation and fiber alignment technology;
• Fusion splicing parameters and heating methods;
• Splicing methods and techniques for various specialty fiber types;
• Methods for high strength splicing;
• Splice protection;
• Measurement of splice quality;
• Cleaving and other fiber preparation issues and technology;
• Non-splicing applications such as ball-lensing.
The seminars are free of charge; however AFL will be conducting
pre-registration in order to ensure availability of a proper facility
depending upon the number of attendees.
Seminar dates in Canada have not yet been announced.
CLICK HERE for more information or to register.