BC Safety Authority proposes FEE increase, 2018-2020
June 14, 2017 - BC Safety Authority (BCSA) is conducting consultations related to proposed fee increases across all products and services it delivers from 2018 to 2020. Have your say!
The proposal sees a 2% per annum increase in fees for each year from 2018 to 2020, across all fee schedules. (The proposed increase does not apply to the power engineering certificate renewal fee.)
DOWNLOAD “Fee Schedule Electrical” at bottom (PDF).
BCSA says the proposed increase allows for continued delivery of safety services, “with a modest increase in new and enhanced services while providing contractors and business owners certainty on fee costs for the next three years”.
The agency says any yearly surplus would be used to fund further improvements to the safety system or added to its operating reserve, adding the agency “will continue to actively manage its expenses”.
New/enhanced services for 2018 to 2020
• Increase focus on identifying and correcting unpermitted work (e.g. work and equipment performed without permits or workers without the proper licence or certification).
• Support asset owners in understanding their responsibilities and raising awareness of equipment safety hazards that matter to them.
• Develop certification programs to enhance industry safety knowledge.
• Improve and expand online services and gain efficiencies to allow client service reps and safety officers more time with clients.
• Increase client access to safety information (e.g. TechTalk sessions, online TechTalk tools, electronic newsletters, individual client safety reports).
If approved, the fees would come into effect January 1, 2018.
Consultation period, comments and questions
The consultation period is now open, and BCSA is accepting comments and feedback until August 8, 2017. The agency says it will consider your feedback before making a final decision on the proposed fee schedules. Notification of the consultation results and any changes to the fee schedules is targeted for release by September 29, 2017.
To provide feedback
• Submit comments through our online form www.safetyauthority.ca/fee-consult .
• Attend an Open House webinar and teleconference:
- June 19, 2017 (1 pm to 2 pm)
- June 22, 2017 (11 am to noon), focus on power engineer certification renewals
* Dial-in number • 866-643-2939
* Conference ID • 4442830#
* Webinar: bcsa.zoom.us/j/5387830501
(Note: Plan ahead for the webinar. Check your system requirements.)
For up-to-date information, including background materials and other ways to participate in the consultation process, refer to BCSA’s fee consultation webpage at www.safetyauthority.ca/fee-consult .
N.B. All comments become part of BCSA’s Stakeholder Engagement Program database and may be published, including the identity of organizations and those participating on behalf of organizations. The identity of those who have participated on their own behalf will be kept confidential, according to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of the Privacy Act.
NEMRA Annual Conference 2018
January 31-3, 2018
Electrical Inspectors Assoc. of Alberta 2018 annual conference
February 2-3, 2018
NAILD Innovation Conference 2018
February 13-16, 2018