October 7, 2013 – The Skilled Trades Summit 2014—running June 1-3 in Ottawa, Ont.—has opened a call for presentations until Monday, October 14.
The Canadian Apprenticeship Forum (CAF-FCA) is inviting you to send abstracts on “promising practices, new programs and initiatives, or some great results” with Canada’s apprenticeship community. The biennial apprenticeship conference returns, highlighting the importance of skilled trades to Canada’s economy and of apprenticeship to addressing skills shortages.
The Committee is actively seeking presentations that:
• Encourage discussion and challenge stakeholders to address barriers to apprenticeship training in Canada
• Address issues related to certification
• Link apprenticeship to larger human resources strategies
• Express demand, challenges, solutions and perspectives on a sector-specific basis or for a particular under-represented group
• Demonstrate trends and innovations
Submissions should include an indication of preferred format (e.g. presentation, interactive workshop, panel) and duration.
Contact conference organizer, Marie Bilodeau, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 613-235-4004 ext. 207 for additional information.