Changing the Electrical Safety Culture – IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop
By Anthony Capkun
Registration is Now Open! If you have an interest or responsibility in workplace electrical safety, mark you calendars and register for the IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS) 18th annual Electrical Safety Workshop, January 24-28, 2011, at the newly renovated Toronto Sheraton Centre. And Electrical Business is proud to be a Supporter and Media Partner.
Make your hotel reservations early at the Toronto Sheraton Centre to ensure availability of rooms and the $159 room rate. CLICK HERE to reserve your room.
(Your stay at the Toronto Sheraton Centre enables you to waive the $200 meeting room fee on your ESW 2011 registration. You will need to reserve your room first and obtain a reservation confirmation number before you register for ESW 2011.)
Don’t miss these features for 2011
• More than 25 leading-edge presentations from recognized industry experts on occupational electrical safety.
• More than 60 exhibitors featuring the latest in products and services vital to electrical injury prevention and protection.
• Two optional Fundamentals Level Tutorials before the Workshop: 1) Electrical Safety Management and 2) Electrical Safety Basics.
• Two optional Advanced Level Tutorials after the Workshop: 1) Use of Systems Safety Techniques to Perform Hazard Analysis on Electrical Systems & Electrical Safety Programs, and 2) How to Create an Effective Electrical Maintenance Program.
• Technical tours you won’t want to miss.
Order your Electrical Safety Workshop shirt by December 30th. These shirts will not be available for purchase after this date. The French Blue shirt is 100% cotton, long sleeve, button down collar, with the Electrical Safety Workshop logo above the left pocket. Available in men’s and women’s sizes. Sizes and prices are noted on the registration website.
If you’re interested in participating as an exhibitor, contact Exhibits Chair, Scott Seaver, at email@example.com or 508-473-1197. Exhibit space is limited, so register now.
If you’re interested in participating in the corporate sponsorship program, contact Sponsorships Chair, Paul Sullivan, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 424-8373.
The IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop is a technical forum organized by the IEEE IAS Petroleum & Chemical Industry Committee (PCIC). Since founding in 1991, it has served to accelerate the dispersion of information and knowledge impacting electrical safety. Its mission is to accelerate application of breakthrough improvements in human factors, technology, and managing systems that reduce risk of electrical injuries; stimulate innovation in overcoming barriers; and change and advance the electrical safety culture to enable sustainable improvements in prevention of electrical accidents and injuries.
CLICK HERE or LOGO for Workshop website.