2012 nominees for Ontario apprenticeship training awards include electrical contractors
By Alyssa Dalton
(Updated May 31, 2012) May 30, 2012 – Sixteen Ontario employers are being recognized for their dedication to training the next generation of skilled workers – with 6 from our own industry!
Now in 10th year, the annual Minister’s Awards for Apprenticeship Training celebrate employers that show leadership in training apprentices, support the apprenticeship training system, and promote careers in skilled trades. From these 16 nominees, four will be announced in June as 2012 winners. We salute the following:
• Action Refrigeration Mechanical and Electrical, Timmins
• Bergeron Electric Limited, Cornwall (Ron Bergeon in photo, left. Photo A. Capkun)
• Fred Hook Ltd., Midland
• Ken Leighton Ltd., Trenton
• Naylor Group Inc., Oakville
• Merlo Electric Inc., Hamilton (Al Merlo in photo, right. Photo A. Capkun)
“Our apprenticeship system is a key part of our economy,” said Glen Murray, minister of Training, Colleges and Universities. “By training apprentices, these exceptional employers are building the skilled workforce we need to compete.”
Stay tuned to EBMag.com to find out who wins top honours!