Winners of GE Tools website promotion
By Anthony Capkun
To celebrate the launch of the GE TOOLS website, GE Consumer & Industrial offered consulting engineers the opportunity to win a grand prize of a two-day, all-expenses paid training session at GE’s renowned Nela Park Lighting and Electrical Institute in Cleveland, Ohio.
In early June, seven grand-prize winners—accompanied by their GE
account managers—participated in an in-depth, hands-on “Arc Flash
Mitigation” training session. Said one participant: “It was an
invaluable opportunity to learn more about techniques for arc flash
mitigation—a particularly hot topic these days!”
Congratulations to the winners of this unique experience:
• Albert Boulet, AB Smart Solutions (Victoria, B.C.)
• Paul Chu, Cobalt Engineering (Vancouver, B.C.)
• Lorence Fullerton, Manuel Jordao & Assoc. Ltd. (Richmond Hill, Ont.)
• Richard Seow, ECE Group (Toronto, Ont.)
• Michael Shiu, Stantec Consulting (Toronto, Ont.)
• Frank Szeto, Sandwell Engineering Inc. (Vancouver, B.C.)
• David Young, Crossey Engineering Ltd. (Toronto, Ont.)
As part of the same promotion, GE awarded 16 Blackberry Storms and 22
GE storm jackets. GE Tools brings together a selection of estimating
tools and energy calculators to help in the design and specification of
electrical distribution and lighting systems.
Winners take part in a personal training session on arc flash mitigation, accompanied by Ajay Gupta and Shane Hall (account managers for GE Electrical Distribution products) and Maurice D’Mello, GE trainer.