Codes & Standards
News & Updates
Young electrotechnology pros sought for SCC trip to Minsk, Belarus
March 14, 2015 By Anthony Capkun
March 14, 2015 – Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is calling all young electrotechnology professionals for a chance to win a trip to the 6th Annual International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Young Professionals workshop in Minsk, Belarus.
SCC is looking for young managers, engineers and technicians (early 20s to mid-30s) to participate in this year’s competition, which they call “the only annual workshop for the next generation of experts that provides a holistic understanding of the standardization and conformity assessment work of the IEC”.
Applicants should provide a visually appealing, unique representation of themselves and their connection to the standardization community. SCC encourages the use of social media, video and any related visual material you feel will make you stand out.
SCC explains that, if selected, you will benefit from attending this workshop in the following ways:
• Participate in networking opportunities with over 1000 international key players.
• Gain experience attending an IEC General Meeting with all expenses paid.
• Learn how international standards are managed and developed by attending management and technical meetings.
• Observe the Standardization Management Board (SMB) or the Conformity Assessment Board (CAB).
Applications can be submitted in the following ways:
Send applications to email@example.com using “IEC Young Professionals 2015” in the Subject Line.
Post an image, video or document to @StandardsCanada using the #YP2015 #IEC #StandardsCanada #standards hashtags.
Send video to firstname.lastname@example.org and SCC will post your entry to StandardsCanada YouTube channel, using the #YP2015 #IEC #StandardsCanada #standards hashtags.
Post your application to “Standards Council of Canada” webpage using the #YP2015 #IEC #StandardsCanada #standards hashtags.
Your entry should describe why and how young professionals should be involved in standardization activities. It should also include the following:
• Name, title and organization.
• A brief statement about your company’s products and/or services, as well as your role within the company.
• A description of your involvement within IEC standards development activities or IEC conformity assessment activities that most affects your job responsibilities.
• An explanation of why you should be selected as SCC’s Young Professional representative for 2015.
Interested? The deadline for submitting applications is April 30, 2015, following which SCC will review all applications. The winner (maybe you!) will be selected by May 5, 2015. The winning candidate will be featured in a news article posted on SCC’s website, Twitter and Facebook pages.
Print this page