CSA Group reveals recipients of the 2013 Award of Merit
By Anthony Capkun
June 18, 2013 – CSA Group announced the recipients of the 2013 Award of Merit, which honours individuals who have “demonstrated leadership in developing voluntary standards and who, through technical, administrative or special standards activities, have advanced the purpose of CSA Group”. Among the 2013 Award of Merit recipients are:
• Andre Carrier (Montreal, Que.) for consensus-building, leadership and teamwork in advancing standards for energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives. He is currently responsible for technical support for business customers at Hydro-Quebec.
• Juris Grava (Owen Sound, Ont.) for leadership, technical knowledge and continuous advancement of CSA standards in the nuclear industry. Grava is a senior advisor with Cantech Associates Ltd.
• John Hodge (Toronto, Ont.) for subject matter expertise and consumer advocacy for standards related to performance and energy efficiency. Hodge is now retired, but previously worked at Honeywell and Ontario Hydro.
• Gilbert Montminy (Quebec City, Que.) for technical expertise, dedication to safety and contributions to electrical safety standards. Montminy is technical manager for the electrical division of la Regie du Batiment du Quebec.
• Daniel Roberts (Mississauga, Ont.) for technical knowledge, leadership, involvement and influential contribution to electrical safety standards. Roberts is the national safety manager of Schneider Electric’s Canadian Services and Projects Division.
• Howard L. Wolfman (Northbrook, Ill.) for knowledge, leadership and advancing standards for the safety, performance and energy efficiency of lighting products. Wolfman formed Lumispec Consulting, which specializes in energy-efficient lighting.
“This year’s Award of Merit recipients have all helped better the health, wellness and safety of North Americans through their individual contributions to standards,” said CSA’s Bonnie Rose. “CSA Group proudly recognizes the efforts and expertise of the recipients and congratulates them on their contributions to standards.”