GE Current + Hubbell’s C&I lighting business = Current
March 17, 2022 By Anthony Capkun
March 17, 2022 – GE Current (a Daintree company) has completed its acquisition of Hubbell Inc.’s commercial and industrial lighting business, and the combined entity is now knows as Current.
“This is an exciting day for Current and Hubbell’s C&I lighting business as we unite to create a powerhouse in the LED lighting and controls market,” said Manish Bhandari, president & CEO, Current. “Together, we have an unmatched breadth and depth of products, solutions and expertise that will yield greater innovation and service for our diverse customer base now, and into the future.”
The new executive team of Current looks like this:
• Chip Taylor, chief commercial officer
• Tom Benton, vice-president & general manager, Fixtures
• Jason Sherrill, vice-president & general manager, Controls and Software
• Dan Phalen, vice-president & general manager, Growth Markets
• Joe Cenin’s expanded role as Chief Supply Chain Officer now includes facilities in Mexico, Virginia and Massachusetts
• James “Jim” Farrell, previously president, Hubbell Lighting, rejoins the company as Group Chief Financial Officer
• Courtney Abraham, Chief Human Resources Officer
• Tom Boyle, Chief Development Officer
• Mark Ward, vice-president, Business Transformation
• Mark LeClair, Chief Information Officer
• Inger Eckert, General Counsel
Hubbell’s C&I lighting business encompasses a range of indoor and outdoor lighting products for industrial, commercial and institutional applications. Brands involved with the acquisition include: Architectural Area Lighting, Beacon, LiteControl, Kim Lighting, Columbia Lighting, Prescolite, Dual-Lite, Compass, Kurt Versen, Hubbell Outdoor Lighting, Hubbell Controls Solutions and Whiteway.
GE Current’s brands include Albeo, Arize, Daintree, Evolve, Forum, Immersion, LightGrid, LightSweep, Lumination, ProLine, Tetra, TriGain and 365DisInFx.
Print this page