How’s the past year been? Let us know! • from the editor, June 2021
July 8, 2021 By Anthony Capkun
June 15, 2021 – We’ve launched our Annual National Survey of electrical contractor Charge-out Rates and Revenues—which only takes about 5 minutes and is completely anonymous—and we need your input.
Now in its third iteration, the survey continues to deliver insights about the business of electrical contracting in Canada, not to mention your fellow EBMag readers. For example, last year we learned and/or confirmed:
• Electrical contractors overwhelmingly tend to be small- to medium- sized enterprises (1-9 employees).
• Most respondents (roughly 50%) lost revenues ranging from 25% to 75% due to the pandemic.
• 1/5th of respondents believed it will take at least two years for things like bidding, productivity, revenues, etc., to return to pre-pandemic level… and this was before the second and third waves!
This year, we’ve added a few new questions, addressing issues such:
• Shipping delays, limited quantities, unexpected price increases, etc.
• Limiting the hold on prices on tenders to shorter periods.
• The cost of construction site Covid safety protocols for the Electrical portion.
CLICK HERE to view last year’s survey results.
Please visit research.net/r/L2Z96F2 for the survey, or zap the handy QR code above.
The deadline to participate is July 30. The results will be shared with everyone, as usual, in our September 2021 edition.
Thanks in advance!
— Anthony Capkun, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This column—plus more great content—appears in the June 2021 edition of Electrical Business Magazine. Even more back issues are located in our Digital Archive.
Print this page