May 23, 2012 By Anthony Capkun
May 23, 2012 – Fluke Corp. has announced a voluntary recall of Fluke-190-104, Fluke-190-204, Tektronix THS3014 and Tektronix THS3024 scope meters. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately.
A total of 36 units have been sold in Canada.
The hazard: an error in a release of software code (containing firmware version V10.40 in Fluke units and V1.0 in Tektronix units) may cause incorrect display readings in the 50V and lower voltage ranges. As an example, the products can report a measurement of 10.0 V as 100V or 100V as 10.0V.
To date, no incidents or injuries have been reported.
• Fluke-190-104: 4-channel 100MHz BW scope meter
• Fluke-190-204: 4-channel 200MHz BW scope meter
• Tektronix THS3014: 4-channel 100MHz BW scope
• Tektronix THS3024: 4-channel 200MHz BW scope
* Note: other models of these product families are not affected by the recall.
Software V10.40 in Fluke units shipped from February 5, 2012 to April 6, 2012, while software V1.0 in Tektronix units shipped December 15, 2011 to April 6, 2012. The units were manufactured in the Netherlands.
Information courtesy Electrical Safety Authority.
Print this page