EFC’s marketing awards return for 2019
Electrical Business publisher Anthony Capkun (left) presents an EFC 2018 Digital Innovation award to Mary Brown of Service Wire (right). Photo courtesy EFC
March 19, 2019 – Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) has announced it will launch its annual marketing awards program on Apr. 12, with a deadline of June 28.
Current EFC members representing electrical and electronics manufacturers, distributors and manufacturers’ representatives may enter marketing campaigns developed and executed in Canada.
Last year, by way of example, EFC handed out the fifth annual awards in a variety of categories. Here is a complete list of the winners:
- Digital Innovation (over $50 million), Distributor*: Wesco and Westburne. (tie)
- Digital Innovation (over $50 million), Manufacturer*: Service Wire.
- Event/Trade Show (under $50 million), Manufacturer: Rittal.
- Event/Trade Show (over $50 million), Manufacturer: Siemens Canada.
- Event/Trade Show (over $50 million), Distributor: Wesco.
- Integrated Marketing (under $50 million), Manufacturer: Ideal Industries.
- Integrated Marketing (under $50 million), Distributor: Bartle & Gibson.
- Integrated Marketing (over $50 million), Distributor: Westburne.
- Integrated Marketing (over $50 million), Manufacturer: 3M Canada
- Merchandising & Display (under $50 million), Manufacturer: RAB Lighting Design.
- Merchandising & Display (over $50 million), Manufacturer: Signify.
- Social & Sustainability (over $50 million), Manufacturer: Standard Products.
The awards focus on innovative campaigns. One of last year’s ‘Event/Trade Show’ awards, for example, honoured the Rittal Expo Vehicle (REV), a ‘mobile showroom’ that toured Canada, allowing customers to see climate control, power distribution and enclosure systems up close.
“With the REV truck, we succeeded in transporting the best of what Rittal has to offer across the length and breadth of Canada,” says Tim Rourke, president (see video for interviews with him and many other winners from 2018). “It was an opportunity for customers everywhere to open, close and examine our product range.”
Submissions to the program are judged by a panel of experts in each category. The judges do not include any EFC staff or members. For further details, visit www.electrofed.com.
*Digital Innovation Awards sponsored by Electrical Business magazine.