IDEA announces 2012–2013 board directors and officers
June 21, 2012 – IDEA, a business-to-business technology service provider owned by the electrical industry, has named its new officers and directors for 2012-2013.
The IDEA board of directors elected Steve Sokolow, chair of the board, Leviton, as the IDEA chair for 2012-2013. He previously served on the board as the vice chair from 2011-2012 and treasurer from 2010-2011.
“Over the next year, IDEA’s number 1 priority will continue to be collaborating with manufacturers to populate marketing content in the IDW,” said Sokolow. “We’ll also work together to provide the industry with innovative technology applications that integrate systems across the supply chain, from manufacturer, through distributor, to the end-user, to meet their evolving needs.”
Prior to being named board chair at Leviton, Sokolow served as executive vice president in which he directed Leviton’s manufacturing, engineering, distribution and information technology operations. The company describes him as being the driving force behind many process improvements during his 50-year career at Leviton spanning all disciplines and areas of the company. Sokolow also serves as a board member of the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFi). Outgoing IDEA chair, Larry Stern, served in the position from 2011-2012 and will continue to serve on as a voting director.
“I really appreciate the focus and enthusiasm of the IDEA staff and board over the last year. Collectively, with the support of over 100 electrical manufacturers, we more than doubled the marketing content available in the Industry Data Warehouse (IDW) which is an accomplishment I’m very proud to have helped lead,” said Stern, president and CEO, Standard Electric Supply Co.
The 2012-2013 IDEA officers:
• Chairman: Steve Sokolow, chair of the board, Leviton
• Vice Chairman: John Burke, president and COO, Kirby Risk Electrical Supply
• Treasurer: Valerie Jones, vice president, Customer Service and Inside Sales, Osram Sylvania
• Secretary: Wes Smith, president, Mayer Electric Supply
• President: Robert Gaylord, president and CEO, IDEA*
*Denotes non-voting director
Additional voting directors:
• Phil Barrios, senior director, Corporate Marketing and eBusiness, Hubbell, Inc.
• Jack Carlson, president, Electrical Division, Southwire
• Jack Lawson, president and CEO, Electrical Equipment Co.
• Vernon Nagel, chair, president, and CEO, Acuity Brands Inc.
• Bob Siegel, vice president, Investment and Inventory Management, Graybar
• Larry Stern, president and CEO, Standard Electric Supply Co.
Additional non-voting directors:
• Evan Gaddis, president and CEO, NEMA
• Tom Naber, president and CEO, NAED