AEA names winners of 2018 scholarships
September 13, 2018 - The Alberta Electrical Association (AEA) has announced the winners of its 2018 scholarships.
The organization raises funds for local scholarships and school-managed bursaries across the province, which all members are eligible to receive.
“Our committee that reviews all the applicants from around the province were very impressed this year,” says Tara Ternes, AEA’s executive director. “In fact, they said it was the hardest year by far. The young kids are overachieving at home, at work and in school and finding time to volunteer, as well.”
The following are this year’s recipients:
- $2,000 to Aimee Supinski at Mount Royal University (MRU); member company: Leviton.
- $1,500 to Cora Bunston at University of Calgary (U of C); member company: Guillevin.
- $1,500 to Sithembisiwe Ngope at Norquest College; member company: Schneider Electric.
- $1,500 to Veronica Alba at University of Alberta (U of A); member company: ESS-LSS Life Safety Sys.
- $1,500 to Peter Brockmann at U of A; member company: Schneider Electric.
- $1,000 to Alyssa Yeager at MRU; member company: Mulvey & Banani.
- $1,000 to Lucas Davidson at MacEwan University; member company: Source One Sales.
- $1,000 to Nicholas Kluczny at University of Lethbridge (U of L), member company: SMP Engineering.
The bursary winners will be announced in Calgary on Nov. 30 and Edmonton on Dec. 7.
OEL Golf Day
September 18, 2019
EFC Economic Forecast Day
September 19, 2019
IAEI Canadian Section Meeting
September 20-22, 2019